Wynford Local Schools hosts two wind turbines to satisfy approximately 30% of its electricity needs.
|System Size||Two 100 kilowatt turbines|
|System Host||Wynford Local Schools|
|Project Developer||NextGen Energy Partners LLC|
|System Installer||Engineered Process Systems|
|Turbine Model||Northwind 100|
37m Hub Height
|Annual Product (Est)||175,000 kWh per turbine|
- Generation from the turbines provides 30% of Wynford Local Schools' electricity needs.
- The turbines will supply enough power yearly to meet the needs of 31 homes
- Similar environmental impact to:
- avoiding the emission of 554,148 pounds of carbon dioxide per year
- carbon sequestered by 53.6 acres of pine fir forest
- The wind turbines are manufactured in Vermont and each tower contains more than 28,000 pounds of US steel.
- All turbines are built to withstand winds of more than 134 mph (more than three times the local building codes).
- Wind energy provides more jobs per dollar invested than any other energy technology.