PHASE ONE- June 1, 2020
Wynford Summer On-Campus Athletic Workout Guidelines
ODH Guideline for Gyms – Wynford’s Field House Phase One Guidelines
-Campus Hours 7:00 AM-2:00 PM. All athletes must have a Wynford Coach/Staff. Doors will be padlocked during off hours.
-Only Wynford Athletes, Coaches and Staff will be on campus. No other school athletes will
be allowed on Wynford Campus.
-All athletes will self-evaluate by temperature prior to arriving to campus and determine
they are in good health. This will be stressed upon arrival.
-No physical contact will be made at any time between athletes, coaches and/or staff
1. Limit capacity based on available space and ability to social distance with six feet between members/clients, except in facilities where instructor/student must be in close proximity.
Teams with a large number of players will consider split sessions if social distancing is an issue. Outside fields, gyms and field house will be utilized.
2. Indoor facility set up for social distancing by spacing equipment to provide a six-foot radius.
Equipment within the will be marked ‘off-limits’ – Gymnasiums may have six-foot radius around athletes while developing skills. -All equipment will be properly cleaned after each session
3. Outdoor facilities set up for social distancing by spacing athletes/stations to provide a six-foot radius
Stations allowing the six-foot radius– Stations may have several athletes per workout station with own equipment-all equipment will be properly cleaned after each session
4. Indoor/Outdoor work areas set up before the arrival of students, allowing at least a six-foot radius around users.
All stretching, footwork drills, box jumps, etc. will be with six-foot areas pre-marked.
5. Reduce class sizes, if necessary, to accommodate the required six feet of social distancing. Establish log-in procedures for members/clients, and maintain that information for potential contact tracing
Attendance/sign-in will be done for all who enter facility and will indicate athlete is in good health
6. Disable, or mark every other or every third locker for non-use to enforce six-foot social distancing requirement. Facilities where lockers are assigned to members are not required to disable lockers but must enforce social distancing requirements.
Lockers will remain off limits
7. Remove any casual seating other than benches by lockers as necessary.
No seating will be available
8. Clean and disinfect public areas and restrooms every two hours using EPA-registered disinfectants, particularly on high-touch surfaces such as faucets, toilets, doorknobs and light switches.
Coaches/Athletes will use weight room disinfectant to spray door handles, etc. Two bottles in gym; two in field house and paper towels. The few doors that we use can be propped open. Basketball lockers rooms locked; main school/cafeteria restrooms only available in school and locker room restrooms in field house. Disinfectant spray will be available in all restrooms listed above.
9. If independent showers are available and used, they must be attended and sanitized between each use. Disable or close-off communal style showers except for rinsing before and after any pool activity.
Showers will remain off limits –Drinking fountain can also be off limits, athletes bring
10. Make sure supplies for hand washing, including soap and materials for drying hands are fully stocked every time the bathroom is cleaned.
Janitors will be notified if any materials are needed
11. Disable or close-off steam rooms and saunas…. N/A
12. Restroom facilities should limit the number of users at any one time based on the facility size current social distancing guidelines. These facilities should be cleaned/ sanitized per CDC recommended protocol along with established restroom cleaning schedules.
One person at a time will use restroom. Disinfectant will be available for usage.
13. When participating in class training/split sessions, do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to class.
All team members must wait in their cars until coach permits their entry
14. Partners exercising together and sharing equipment must maintain group segmentation from others exercising.
Barbell plates will be organized to particular rack by color and will not be
permitted to be moved to other racks. Dumbbells will not be used for the time being
15. At child-centric training/instruction, limit parents/ guardians to one individual.
Wynford Athletes/Coaches/Staff only permitted outside of vehicles
- Distance Runners will use the six-foot social radius throughout all workouts.
- All stretching, warmups, coaching guidance will be in areas large enough to maintain the six-foot social distancing.
- There will be absolute no sharing of equipment without proper disinfecting after each use. No clothes, shoes, helmets, gloves… will be shared.
- All athletes will arrive properly equipped and clothed. Boys/Girls Gymnasiums locker rooms will be off limits.
- Athletes will provide their own drinks not to be shared.
- Baseball/Softball Contests: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/responsible/Baseball-Softball.pdf
- Non-Contact Sports: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/responsible/General-Non-Contact-Sports.pdf
- Skill Training: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/responsible/Skills-Training-All%20Sports.pdf
- Golf: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/responsible/Golf-Course-Operator.pdf